On the Eid al-Adha feast, you usually have a large supply of qurban meat. What is your recipe choice this time ?, tongseng, satay, steak or other?
Tongseng is processed meat which has always been a favorite of various circles. Tongseng itself uses meat from beef or mutton, but in general goat meat is often used.
Apart from its delicious taste, tongseng is very easy to cook even for starters. Various tongseng recipes continue to grow until there are several variations of processed tongseng.
500 gr of beef, cut into pieces
150 gr cabbage leaves
2 pcs bay leaves
1 tbsp tamarind water
1 lemongrass, bruised
5 tablespoons soy sauce
20 pcs of cayenne pepper
1 liter of water
6 pcs onion, thinly sliced
salt & sugar, according to taste
How to Make:
1. Saute onion with 3 tablespoons cooking oil, until yellow.
2. Add the spices, bay leaves & lemongrass.
3. After fragrant, add the meat, cook until it changes color.
4. Enter the water, sweet soy sauce & sour water, cook until the meat is tender.
5. Before the sauce runs out, add cayenne pepper & cabbage, salt & sugar.