Betawi Semur Recipe
What about Betawi soup? I thought when my father-in-law asked me to find a recipe for Betawi soup. And in the end there were some who shared the recipe, some also shared Semur Betawi recipes. It is a pleasure to share, as well as we try to share recipes that may be far from perfect. If there is a mistake, correct it …
1/2 nutmeg flower
3 cm cinnamon
500 grams of beef, cut 1/2 cm thick
6 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
2 tomatoes, roughly cut
Betawi Smooth Seasoning:
2 thinly sliced ginger
2 teaspoons coriander
1/8 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
6 pieces of garlic
9 cloves of garlic
How to Make:
1. Saute the black herbs and not fragrant then add the meat.
2. Stir until the meat changes color.
3. Add sweet soy sauce, nutmeg powder, cloves, nutmeg, tomatoes and cinnamon.
4. Stir until the spices seep. Turn down the heat.
5. Cook until the meat is tender.
Note: If you notice the broth / water has begun to decrease in the pan, but the meat is still hard, then add water little by little.
Keep cooking until the meat is tender (the flame remains low).