Serundeng food recipes
Serundeng Recipe. Already know mother, Serundeng is a genuine taste of Indonesian cuisine. I used to think that serundeng was shredded, but it turned out to be very different. Of course the ingredients are different, Serundeng is made from the basic ingredients of grated coconut plus some added with meat to make it delicious, while shredded from all beef.
Serundeng is usually used by our ancient mothers as a complement to eating hot rice, or sprinkled with coconut milk. The unique serundeng taste makes simple dishes delicious. That is the greatness of our Mbok cuisine in the past, regardless of what it is, eating anything can be delicious.
2 cm galangal, bruised
3 bay leaves
2 cm ginger, bruised
250 ml of water
5 pieces of orange leaves, torn
500 gr typical deep beef, thinly sliced (± 1cm)
1 coconut half old
Fried onions for garnis
2 large red chilies, seeds, thinly sliced
2 tbsp tamarind water
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
Ground spices :
2 tablespoons of palm sugar / palm sugar
1/2 tsp ground pepper
5 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of roasted coriander
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon roasted cumin
How to Make:
1. Peel and wash the coconut trees thoroughly, drain until dry and then rough grated.
2. Grate the grated coconut over low heat until the coconut is dry and brownish yellow.
3. Don’t use big fire because it will burn quickly.
4. After drying, lift.
5. Set aside.
6. Saute the spice paste until fragrant, add beef, bay leaves, orange leaves, ginger, galangal and red chili.
7. Cook until the meat changes color. Pour water and tamarind water, cook until the meat is cooked and the water begins to dry (asat).
8. After the asat, enter the roasted coconut, stir until all the ground is flat, taste for the sweet savory taste, salt / sugar may be added according to taste. Serundeng Serang, garnish with fried onions.
9. If it is completely cold it can be stored in an airtight jar for 4-5 days (provided the meat must be completely dry).